Beyond the Storm
Rumours of the Wyndhund Haulage Co
Rumours concerning the Wynhund Haulage Co.
• Wyndhund Haulage or the WHHCo is owned completely by a local philanthropist Theodore Gluckstein
• Gluckstein likes to move in the rich and political circles of Middenheim but most think he bought his way into his position with foreign riches
• The WHHCo is specifically haulage of mercantile goods to foreign parts and has nothing to do with general coaching or person transport.
• WHHCo has developed rapidly in the Wynd district, now owning many of the surrounding warehouses and properties, getting larger yearly.
• Most WHHCo carts and wagons leave at dawn or return at dusk, travelling to such places as Nuln, Talabheim, into Estalia and often Bretonnia.
• All Stevedores and Teamsters seem to have been employed from outside the city and Gluckstein never advertises jobs in Middenheim. However he pays his taxes promptly and to the penny.
• The main WHHCo yard is busy with crates and barrels being moved both day and night.
• All day staff of WHHCo live in the surrounding properties or on the premises and apparently have an internal inn/pub and even a church. However, some do eat and drink off premises occasionally.
• Gunnar Guildenstern, owner of Wolf Runner Coaches would (secretly) pay good money for finding out what Gluckstein is really dealing in (35gc).